Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spinning at the County Fair

I went to the county fair with my family and parents today. The fair had the best display of crafts. The fantastic part about it was that there was a Sheep to Shawl competition going on and I had an opportunity to watch the spinners and ask lots of questions. I spent hours just drooling over the delicious yarn they were spinning. Oh if I could only make yarn half as decently as they do.

My son was the total highlight of the day. He decided that he wanted to try and climb the rock wall. He must have tried more than 8 times. He made it to the last 2 rocks before he decided that it was too high up and decended to the bottom only to try again and again. I sure wish I had my camera and especially a camcorder so I could tape this.

Well, when I came home from the fair, I was inspired to sit at my wheel as see if I can put all the information I gained from today to good use.

Here is a picture of my first attempt at spinning. This is a single ply of wool. We are required to bring two full bobbins to our last spinning class so that we can learn to ply.



No comments: