Saturday, May 3, 2008

My new curtains

These are going to be my new curtains for my bathroom. The color is actually Sage green. This yarn is so pretty, it has a hint of sheen to it.

I got the free pattern from Knit Picks. Click here for the free pattern.

I have to say though, I had a rough start of this. I had to tear it out probably 8 times or more. I kept ending up with an extra stitch or two by the 4th row. I received some great advice from a really nice person on the Ravelry forum that gave me some great advice. She suggested that I put stitch marker at the halfway point (stitch 98). This way I could easily find the extra stitch and fix it should I need to. This little trick has helped a bunch. Probably cause it forces me to count my stitches more often than I usually do.

The best part about this, once I got the hang of the pattern, it is actually pretty fun and easy.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

How are the curtains coming? The pattern looks gorgeous!

Lisa said...

I have finally gotten a hang of the pattern. It has now become a lot of fun. I am now on my second skein of yarn and the pattern can really be seen now. I am loving this curtain. Hint: If anyone decided to make these curtains, make sure you count your stitches after each row. With all the YO's, it is easy to loose or gain a stitch (unintentionally) :)