Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mother's Day card for my mom

I made this card tonight for my mom for Mother's Day. She loves her baths. She relaxes in her bathtub for hours. She actully has this exact bathtub and it is purple. When I saw this stamp, I new I had to make a card for my mom.

Acetate card

Close up of the mouse showing the water effect on the bubbles


Inside of the card


I thought an acetate card would be really fun as it would really show off the bubbles. I stamped the bubbles and colored the larger bubbles using silver paintstik.

I colored the mouse and bathtub using colored pencils and gamsol. I added Crystal Effect to the bubbles to give them a nice shiny 3D watery look.

I then added a sheer curtain for a bit of whimsy.

I can't wait to give this to her. She is going to love it. hehe

No comments: