Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day cards

As you can see from these two cards I created for my dad and husband, I am yearning for the ocean. I so need a vacation.

Here is the card I made for my dad.


The orignial intent was for this card to look like a Lighthouse engulfed by a misty fog. The finished look didn't quite match the vision in my head. So, I had to take apart the card and relayer the images.


This is the card I made for my husband. I have been wanting to try this technique for a while. I love the look of a bright sunset. The idea was to use a brayer to spread the 3 layers of color. However, my brayer spread absolutely nothing. So I compromised with the ink pad and just turned the ink pad upside down and wiped it around the paper. I then did some touch ups with a sponge.

No comments: