Saturday, April 19, 2008

Indiana Jones Birthday Invitations

Well, my son's 6th birthday is fast approaching. He wants an Indiana Jones birthday party. I finally completed the birthday invitations. He was so excited when he saw them. As I was finishing up the last of them, he came into the room and excited asked if they were is. When I said yes, he started singing the Indiana Jones theme song.

Here is a picture of the birthday invitations:



Now I just have to create the image for his birthday cake. It is tradition, every year I bake the kid's birthday cakes. I bake a 1/2 sheet cake and decorate it. I typically use an edible frosting sheets to have the image that I design printed on it using edible printer ink.

Here is a picture of last years birthday cake using edible frosting sheets..


side of cake









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! We love your birthday invitations. My son would like me to make the very same one. He turns 6 in March, and like your son wants an Indiana Jones party. Can you offer me some advice on your blog on how you made your card? Thanks so much!

Debbie

Lisa said...

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the compliment. These were a big hit for my son.

Here is how I made them:

I found a picture on the internet that I liked.

I then hand tore around the entire picture to give the paper an old look.

I then took an ink pad (tea stain color) and rubbed it lightly around the edges. Makes it look weathered and old.

I then taped it to a card.

If you would like, email me with your email address, and I will send you the image that I used.

Lisa

Kristin Sadler said...

Hello! I googled Indiana Jones party invitations, and your blog is one that came up. All of the ones you buy at a store only have images from the last movie, not Raiders of the Lost Arc. Can you also email me the picture you used? I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all of the tips!
Kristin Sadler
kristinsadler@earthlink.net

Josh S said...

Hi! I came across your blog...do you happen to have that image saved anymore. I know it was a while ago but just thought I would check. If so...can you email me.
Thank you,
Jennifer
jj911@comcast.net

KL said...

My son is also asking for an Indiana Jones themed birthday party. Who knew this was so popular? I, too, would love it if you would send me the image you used for the invitations! Thank you so much! God Bless!