Monday, February 12, 2007

Spindles arrived

Yippee!!!!!!!!!

My spindles came today. They are soooo pretty. I want to spin something so terribly bad. I should be getting some fleece in the mail any day now. I just have to keep telling myself to be patient. I was trying to figure out how to store them so that they would not get all mangled and scratched. I finally decided to use a wire clothes hanger and hang it on a hook on the wall. I then hung the spindles from their hook on the straight part of the hanger. Worked perfectly. The spindles are not banging each other and they look pretty as well.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Hello Lisa! I'm a Spinster TOO! Check out my blog at:http://spinnitt.blogspot.com/
Meanwhile... Here's a trick to help safely protect & store your spindle collection.
Try using long hooks made of coat hangar wire with SMALLER loops formed on the ends to HANG your spindles FROM - Also try using HUGE Fishing Lure "spinners" Figure-8 looking things - so you can suspend your spindles AND freely have them UNWIND as you PLY your yarn singles or wind off onto Noddies - or - into neat balls using Nostepinndes - or ball-winders!
Hope the hint helps! Welcome to the world of Fiber Fanatics! Teri -